8 Jolly Good Reasons to See Us at the Half Moon this Sunday….
Written by Jimmy
For those of you still deciding whether to drag yourself out of the house on Sunday to listen to music at the Half Moon, here’s 5 Reasons you should really go:
1. Chris is launching his album and we’re on a mission to support our Discovery Artists. He’s cute, he’s blond, he’s in need of a cuddle. And he writes and sings great songs, including songs about hair cuts, which clearly shows a love of live lost on the rest of us:
2. We’ve got our Tati traveling all the way back from Bristol for a one night only appearance, playing music from her upcoming album (don’t ask about dates yet for goodness sake!); and she makes clowns seem side sometimes, which has to be a special thing:
3. We’ve got Gus back a year after flying from the nest – he’ll play his own songs, but has promised to maybe even reprise his vocals on King Henry’s Tears:
4. Louise will be singing MarketTown and the second song in our ‘war trilogy’, No Bells. Here’s a video from MarketTown and a video of the final song in the trilogy Roadside Comedy (and another reason to come to the Half Moon is Jimmy promises NOT to sing Roadside Comedy):
5. And Andy will be also be singing with the SMCC and as a soloist and even promises to do a lot of covers, including The Boys of Summer, with the exciting video of old men!
6. Ed Might use the ‘loop again’:
7. And we’re bound to have some rip – roaring finale like we did last time that will make you jiggle and jug:
8. Oh, and we’re really earnest, well-meaning and spent something like £80 for a Abubilla Music banner that needs to be seen by people. Mike, Rob, Martyn and Sophie and Greg will also be just standing in front of it and they look out at the crowd and they’ll know who’s missing and it will get all sad. Heck, we just need cuddles…
See you at half seven then?