Artist of the Moment: Gus
Written by The Saturday Morning Canasta Club
Welcome to ‘the Moment’ series, where we highlight songs, artists, videos and blogs that for the moment, sorta strike our fancy. This is about Gus. He’s 17, an Andrew Strong for 2010 – great song writer and vocalist – and a full time member of the Saturday Morning Canasta Club, when not gigging with his ‘other band.’
So what do you need to know about Gus:
- He lives in Oxford and is part of a band called S.U.N. , with a lot of great songs and a constant in the battle of the bands circuit. Listen to Step Up and Hey Presto!
- He joined us in March 2010, becoming a regular in the studio and joined us in the Summer 2010 Spanish Jam, where his song ‘If I Were A Little Birdie’ inspired us to name our third album with same title.
- He’s contributed five songs of his own to date. Two appeared on Misery Marmalade and Other Spanish Jams, In Love and Fairy Tale. He also sang lead on Mah Knees and Missing. At least three (he keeps going) will appear on If I Were a Birdie, Walking, Angel of the Dark and the stunning Whisper. He’s also taken lead vox on Starin’ at My Shoes and MSC (see point 5).
- He invented Body Pong along with Mike.
- He is the lead singer and half inspiration for our song ‘Monkey Space Camp’ – where he sings lovingly of his memories of Monkey Space Camp, particularly Frankie and his big pink butt.
So say hi to Gus.